So.... you think you got what it takes to join our team? You don't mind spending countless hours in the deep woods, pulling ticks out of your hair, working for free, and searching for a creature that 95% of the population says doesn't exist?
At TriState Bigfoot, we are looking to expand our Research Team. Our Research Team members are responsible for investigating reports and collecting evidence while following our strict guidelines. If you want to join our team, then you want to read our requirements.
A few points to consider before applying:
1) WE ONLY ACCEPT INVESTIGATORS THAT LIVE IN (OR ARE WILLING TO COMMUTE CONSISTANTLY TO SOUTHWEST OHIO!!! If you do not, please do not apply as we are not expanding our coverage at this time.
2) WE DO BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ALL APPLICANTS! If you are selected to interview, you will be asked to submit the needed information to do a background check. A majority of our cases are private home locations where people trust us to be on their property, a lot of times with their family nearby. WE DO NOT TAKE THIS TRUST LIGHTLY. If you have been suspected of, charged with, arrested for, on trial for, and/or convicted of crimes involving violence, sex offenses, theft, and/or weapons charges... DO NOT APPLY, you will not be accepted. Minor offenses are at our discression. All this is not negotiable.
3) Our members are not compensated for time and/or travel and work on a volunteer basis. Members are responsible for their own expenses.
4) We require our members to check email daily. This is how we do a majority of our communicating.
5) We DO NOT accept family members... meaning no husband and wives, brothers and sisters, etc.
6) We REQUIRE all of our members to be mature and at least 20 years old.
7) Our new members first join the team on a probationary term. The the length of that period will be determined on an individual basis. Until that period is lifted, new members can not investigate reports without a senior team member with them. Typically, we do not investigate alone... however, some situations dictate that we must in order to get to a sighting report area and/or witness as soon as we possibly can.
8) We prefer members who are comfortable speaking with witnesses and know how to "shut up and listen" to what they have to say in a non-biased. Public speaking ability is also a plus.
9) We do not require that our applicants have experience... in fact, we prefer they don't so that we can train them using our methods. All we require is that you are honest, reliable, exercise common sense, use logic, and have a desire to find the truth. You need not be a believer, skeptics are welcome.
10) We require that ALL of our members read our full guidelines, sign a waiver/release, and provide emergency contact information.
11) We require that ALL of our members sign confidentialty agreements and understand that all evidence captured and/or collected is property of the team and not the individual.
Please note that these are the minimum requirements, our full members recieve an entire charter of team rules to adhere to. THESE GUIDELINES ARE NON-NEGOTIABLE.
If you feel like you can meet our criteria, please fill out our Investigator Application.